Full Name: Jonathan Daniel Hamm.
Nickames: Jon, Jonny.
Date of birth: 10 march 1971.
Place of Birth: St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
Height: 6′ 0½.
Hair Color: Brown.
Zodiac Sign: Pisces .
Eye Color: Blue/Green.
High School: John Burroughs High School, St. Louis, MO.
University: Mizzou – University of Missouri.
Father: Daniel Hamm (deceased).
Mother: Deborah (deceased).
Halfsisters: Jennifer Hinze (46 years old), Julie Schulte (49 years old).
Aunts: Suzanne Tobey, Betty Gain, Grace Bennett.
Partner: Jennifer Westfeldt (April 1998 – present).
Role Models: Jeff Bridges, Sam Elliot and Greg Kinnear.
Favorite Sports: Golf, Football, Baseball, Tennis.
Favorites books: Arcadia by Tom Stoppard, Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin, Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene, Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
Music: Wilco, Outkast, Los Lobos, Junior Brown, Wilie Nelson, Bat For Lashes.
TV Series: 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Louie, Saturday Night Live.
Pets: One dog, Cora.
Mad Men salary: Season 1 – $20,000/episode; Season 2 – $25,000/episode; Season 3 – $100,000/episode; Season 4 – $125,000/episode.
Friends with: Paul Rudd, Sarah Clarke, Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman and Zach Galifianakis.
- Went to high school (John Burroughs School in St. Louis) with Sarah Clarke.
- Jon began acting when he was six years old. He played Winnie the Pooh in his class play when he was in grade one.
- He attended John Burroughs School in St. Louis and was a member of the football, baseball, and swim teams.
- Taught drama at John Burroughs High School in St. Louis, Missouri.
- He attended Mizzou (University of Missouri) on a theatre scholarship and graduated in 1993 with an English degree.
- As a student, Hamm played the role of Cliff in the 1992 Summer Repertory production of Cabaret and in 1993 appeared in Assassins, also a musical.
- He was a linebacker on the football team.
- Worked as a day care teacher during college, and before moving to Hollywood, was a high school teacher.
- He would miss auditions to be able to finish Wild Arms
- He tried out for the role of Jack Donaghy on the TV series 30 Rock.
- He considers Mad Men creator Matt Weiner and his co-star John Slattery as his “man crushes”.
- Jon’s theatrical credits include A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Lipschtick, and The Mousetrap.
- He auditioned seven times before getting the part of Don Draper in Mad Men.
- When he first came in Los Angeles from St. Louis, Missouri, Jon only had $150.00 in his pocket and his Toyota Corolla. It took him three years before he got an acting job.
- In the Vincent Price sketch for Saturday Night Live he was supposed to be Dean Martin. They changed it to James Mason at the last minute and he did it without rehearsal.
- Alan Taylor and Matthew Weiner nearly rejected Jon for the lead role in “Mad Men” because of what they called reverse prejudice — they thought he was too good looking.
- He’s allergic to fish.